Steven P Valliere <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> If no one's noticed, explorer isn't very fast when there
> are 20,000+ files in a folder...  (and before you ask,
> yes, I get far, far too much SPAM).

I'll let others answer the rest, but do you not have checked "Delete Attached
Messages when a Message is Deleted from the Trash folder" In Options > Files &
Directories? This way, when you delete your spam, the attachments, if any, go as
well?

Been my experience that by having the attachments stored externally that I can
find/search them better and that the bat reacts very quickly since the mailbase
is smaller. In any case, in the same location you will find the dropdown list
that parses out the attachments (Keep Attachment Files option). Also a setting
to bind attachments for sent mail.

(I messed up an earlier install when I was first starting out, as near as I can
tell, TB still knows that the e-mail is supposed to have an attachment, but all
the sizes are 0 bytes. Let others confirm this or maybe even a better solution,
just my anectodal observations).

--
Hope this helps, Andrew