Chris Weaven said the following on 01/20/2005 10:52:
If I were to be totally honest here, the only thing I'm really missing from TB! is templates. Working with Thunderbird and IMAP with server side filtering for a few months now has made me realise that I'm not as reliant on TB! as I thought I was.

I'm using TBird's filtering, and while there are things I miss about TB!'s more advanced filtering, at least TBird's filtering works smoothly with IMAP, which last I tried TB!, the filtering with IMAP was very quirky and unreliable.

So I would agree with missing templates, and also add that I very much miss MicroEd.

Once IMAP works well, then I'm sure TB! will be my client of choice, but until then, I'm more than happy with Thunderbird. As Allie puts it so well, 'it works'.

Ditto. Although IMAP will have to work as well or better than TBird in every respect before I'll go back. If basic IMAP functionality is inferior, it is not worth paying for even for templates/editor/etc.

--
Dave