***^\     ."_)~~
 ~( __ _"o   Was another beautiful day, Sun, 6 Mar 2005,
   @  @      at 23:35:44 -0800, when Melissa Reese wrote:

> In the past, I was always eager to jump to the latest versions of
> software as soon as they were released. Lately, I've become a bit more
> conservative; especially when a version I'm currently using is stable
> and working well for me. Now, finally, I'm thinking about TB! v3.

> Is the current release version (non-beta) stable and fully functional?
> Are there any known issues that I should be aware of?

It depends on your needs, and/or of how much of TB you "explore", I
would dare to say, since there are some who are explicitly very pleased
with v3, but there are other ones who rather would love to wait a bit,
or a bit more, until situation is more "clear". For myself, which means
that the World (and perhaps wider) is not obliged to abide to this, it
will be when I remove the word "unleashing" from my signature. (-;

Yet, the number "3.0.1.33" somehow tells me that much of water and lava
will have to stream away until it gets to some "3.1.00", or so.

187 days is about 6 months, and I recon I'd wait patiently yet those 3
ones, for not to push the Nature too much, or I could get something I
wouldn't want to.

I am not sure that anyone could "generalize" and deliver a "full list"
of "known issues", but I suppose that individual reports could help, in
a measure, and you already got few of them.

That's my contribution: if you use some "more complicated" or "unusual"
filtering rules -- be careful.

I myself am waiting to see "what will happen" before I decide to buy a
copy of a v3 using *my* name. The main reason of mine was "encryption on
the fly", and I was already prepared to buy a "Secure Bat" but they
entombed this form of the popular mammal, just in the moment when I
pulled my wallet. Pity, since I do not need any additional features, as
"hardware tokens" etcetera. Just a possibility to keep my mail in an
encrypted form, while still using all the resources of a "standard" TB.

Those were my experiences many weeks, and moons, ago, and I admit that I
lost my patience after trying several first copies of v3. Those days I
again had in mind to try a newer one...but it seems that my patience is
not enough chubby yet.

I hope that this thread you spun now will get more constructive answers,
so that I myself could tap some benefits of them too. So far, no news
with "I am quite pleased with", "It works smoothly" and similar. (: Such
ones were present even 6 months ago.

(Will be that downloading a new copy and playing with it, *safely*, like
in "save hex" (:, is a most appropriate way to get the precise answers.)

Take care and wear a smile, because it's more beautiful, and possibly
less painful, this way. (:

--
Mica
PGP keys nestled at: http://bardo.port5.com/pgpkeys/