Thursday, March 24, 2005, Allie Martin [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>      On 24/03/2005 06:35 AM -0500, you wrote:

>> I recently started to use v2 that I bought overght 1-yr. ago.  I have no
>> idea how to configure it for IMAP4 protocol.  All I want to do is
>> download all messages from the server; and automatically delete them on
>> the server after download.

> Why would you wish to do that with IMAP4. That's what POP3 is for, and
> furthermore, I'm not sure that IMAP only accounts exist. Usually
> they're manageable using only POP3 or both IMAP and POP3.

IMAP4 is the only protocol for the free accounts at that place.  May be
I should just ditch that account?

> Since v2, TB! does IMAP the way it should be done in that the messages
> are truly managed on the server and kept there. If you wish to do what
> you want, then you'd need to create filters to delete the messages as
> they're found on the server and move them to local folders on your
> system.

1. First I need to know how to move the messages from the server to my
PC. How do I do that?

2.  What is the filter for all messages -- *.* ??  And I guess I delete
the messages under the Action tab?

3.  Then how to set a filter for further filtering the incoming messages
to other folders/accounts?  Or is #2 and #3 are just one filter?

> The local folders would be either common folders, or folders within a
> POP account. The folders you create in an IMAP account are actually
> folders created on the server.

The Bat created the default folders when the account was created. And I
added a few. Must the folders in TheBat match exactly with the folders
on the server?  [I really don't want these other folders on the server --
even if they are all empty.]

Separately, this IMAP4 account did not port over well when I switch over
from v1.x to v2.x.  So I had to delete the old and create a new account
with IMAP4 protocol.  And I copy over the messages.tbl and .tbi.
However, v2 is not displaying all the messages.  How can I get it to
display messages in that account?

--
Thanks in advance
JM

Using The Bat! 2.12.00
Under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1