Hello Group

Apologies if this is way off topic for this group but Norton Anti
Virus (AKA as Over Bearing Net Nanny, per Marck) is driving me mad, it
is now putting up a dialog every ten second telling me my A/V
protection is turned off, which it isn't.

I have a paid for copy of F-Prot but it doesn't check email which I
feel is quite important nowadays.

Has anybody any recommendations for an effective A/V product that will
work unobtrusively in the background and check my incoming email?

I doubt I can repair Norton so I am in for a re-install but I'd like
to find a decent A/V app first.

Many thanks.

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK