Hi Ron,
  On 2/4/2005 7:07 PM -0500, you wrote:

No problem here. I barely even know that it's doing a scan except for
hearing the HD running and seeing the icon on the taskbar.

I find the personal experiences to vary so much that this does factor in one's final choice. Though I agree with Alexander that effectiveness is paramount. You don't want a weak scanner since it would amount to installing a potential problem for nothing. OTOH, an effective scanner is useless if it renders the system or important apps on the system useless. :) I also agree that money matters not in these matters unless there is a tight budget to consider.

--
 Allie Martin
System specs: http://www.ac-martin.com/sysspecs.htm