Hi Anthony,
  On 04/04/2005 05:40 PM +0200, you wrote:

Not for me.

If this is only about you, then there's nothing to discuss.

General advice on security can never be based on individual needs or specialized measures. The best security measures are never generic. They're based on the profile of the user and what threats/risks they encounter. Yes... tailoring approach is a major factor. However, it's all too often inadequate, though there are notable exceptions, yourself included.

I just got a message with an attachment. It's not digitally signed as most of my messages containing legitimate attachments aren't. I guess I can't use that as a measure of what can be trusted from what can't be. Just not practical. All your arguments have glaring loopholes in real world environments other than yours. Your security model just isn't practical for many if not most users.

I'm being repetitive here so I'm finished here.

--
 Allie Martin
System specs: http://www.ac-martin.com/sysspecs.htm

________________________________________________ Current version is 3.0.1.33 | 'Using TBUDL' information: http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html