On Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 8:16:35 PM [GMT -0500], Miguel Urech wrote:

>> It will work only when the message list is in focus. I prefer if it
>> works from any of the panes as CTRL-] does.

> It is clear that each user has his preferences, so nothing to argue

Yes. :)

This is my habit and what I'd consider smooth operations.

I'm going through messages in the message list. I go to next unread with
N and scroll with spacebar.

I wish to reply to a message quoting selected text. I move to the mouse
though I'd love a single key toggle to bring the preview pane into focus
so that I could select the text with the keyboard.

I select the text and then hit R for the reply to appear.

I type my message then hit CTRL-M to send immediately.

I'm now back to the main Window.

I'd now love to be able to continue reading with N, but I left the main
window with the preview pane in focus. I now have to get the message
list back into focus. I have to reach for the mouse just to do that
since tabbing doesn't work too well and often takes longer than just
using the mouse.

In Mulberry, it's all a snap.

1,2,3 moves me between panes.

tab takes me to unread messages whether the message list or preview pane
is in focus.

I don't have to reach for the mouse during browsing.

--
  -= Allie Martin =-
The Bat!™ v3.5