Hello Mary,

you wrote:

>> But I never do an "add-to" backup - always a full one from scratch.
>> It seems strange that TB would go looking for the file again...

MB> This happened to me. F-Secure flagged a double-extension as a virus
MB> which it said it couldn't clean or delete, in my enormous TBOT folder.
MB> Happened last year.

MB> The only way I found to deal with it was to move all the messages to
MB> a new folder and delete the old TBOT folder.

MB> Then I moved the TBOT archive outside of The Bat! and made myself a
MB> new TBOT folder.

MB> Of course, TBOT isn't anything essential to my life, just only
MB> pleasant diversions in pleasant company.

MB> Not sure how much this would apply to your attachment "hang"
MB> situation, but thought I'd throw it into the mix, here, in case it
MB> would help.

Thank you for your input. I will think on it.

I have just attempted another backup, this time disabling (in the
'What to backup' menu) Attachment Files - it worked !

What is extremely curious however, is the strange behavior, which
greys out 'Maintenance' in the Folder menu, whenever I highlight the
name of a given account e.g. Main Identity.
But, when I highlight individual folders e.g. 'Inbox' 'Sent' etc
'Maintenance' is suddenly accessible.

--
Maurice

Using The Bat! 3.5.30  under Windows XP Home SP2, 1 Go Ram