Hello Handsome Jack Morrison & everyone else,

on 05-Aug-2005 at 13:46 you (Handsome Jack Morrison) wrote:

> I can't believe that I have to go through all of that just to recover
> from a simple "upgrade."

> I'm not even sure that I'm skilled enough to do all of those things.

Its not so difficult. If you can copy files and install/uninstall program,
you're almost there.

I didn't describe how to back up the registry settings, but thats not
difficult, either.

Click Start, Run and type "regedit". The registry editor will open. On the
left, navigate to the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" branch and open it. Locate
"Software" and open it. Locate "Rit" and right-click it. A popup menu will
open, select "Export", a file requester will open, enter some name, click
on "Save" and you have successfully backed up TB's registry settings.

> However, I'm starting to lose confidence in the stability of The Bat.

Some local setting at your end got corrupted somehow, and the developers of
the program where not aware of this corruption to happen. So, they didn't
know that they have to catch it. Out of thousands of users, you've been one
of the few unlucky ones with problems. The best thing you can do now is
track down the problem and help the developers.

> But I don't like the way these troubles keep popping up.

Neither would I.

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de - ICQ 238153981)

Around us are pseudo-events, to which we adjust with a false
consciousness adapted to see these events as true and real, and even
as beautiful. -- R. D. Laing