Sunday, August 7, 2005, 5:13:44 PM, you wrote:

> Hello Handsome Jack Morrison & everyone else,

> on 07-Aug-2005 at 20:14 you (Handsome Jack Morrison) wrote:

>>> And btw. - when you copy the old account folders and their subfolders back
>>> into place, you'll also restore your old messages (and eventually will find
>>> your original TB registration message).

>> I assume that just by copying the "old" account folder (e.g., "John
>> Doe) each account's subfolder(s) will tag a long, right?

> If you copy the entire folder, its OK. I thought you might only copy the
> single files, that why I mentioned it.

I was going to find the "old" account file folder (e.g., the one
labeled "John Doe"), select it, and then hit Ctrl-C.

Then I was going to find the "new" account file folder, select it, and
hit Ctrl-V.

>>> At one point when you copied over another set of configuration files, your
>>> TB *will* hang again for sure. At this point, you know now which account
>>> contains the faulty configuration file.

>>> If that happens, you go back to the new set of configuration files you
>>> backed up before. Then move the old files back again, but this time, not
>>> all at once, but one after the other.

>> I'm confused.  What do you mean by "not all at once"?  I wouldn't have
>> copied them over "all at once" before, but one at a time.

> I thought you have multiple accounts. Not all of them will contain corrupt
> configuration files.

I think we just have a bit of a semantics problem.  By "all at once," I thought
you
meant all at the same time.

Yes, I have 10 accounts.  And I was planning on copying the "old"
accounts over to the "new" accounts -- but one at a time.

> So, first you copy the entire account back and see if TB still starts fine.
> If it doesn't, you have found the problem account. Only then, and only in
> this problem account, you try one file at a time, so that we can restore
> the maximum of configuration data from the old account files.

Here's where I'm losing you again.  And, frankly, I'm getting a little
burned out.  In fact, I'm worn to a frazzle.

>> And what do you mean by "move the old files back again"? And back where?
>> "Old," as in the files from "old" TB that wouldn't load? If I move one of
>> them to the "new" TB, and TB won't load (like before) isn't that the only
>> one that needs to be removed/renamed, because I can re-create it from
>> scratch again?

> Yes, but as I wrote above, you can limit it to (most likely) one single
> configuration file (lets say account.srb), and you'll still have the rest
> of the "OK" files.

Okay.  That helps explain it.

>> The way I see it, I'm, at best, going to lose at least one Account's
>> configuration files (provided only one Account is corrupted), right?

> Not the entire files, if you go thru these one at a time once you located
> the problematic account.

>> I'm afraid that I'm going to screw this up royally.

> Not now, we're so close, man.

Close, but no cigar, I'm afraid.

I really shouldn't try this in my present state of mind, plus it's
getting late.  So I'm going to sleep on it again.  I've printed out all of your
messages, and I'm going to read them, then read them again, then read them
again,
and then maybe give it a shot (if I happen to experience one of those
"Eureka!" moments while reading them).

Or, I may just decide to leave well enough alone, and just cut my
losses. I couldn't go through this again.  I just couldn't.

Whatever happens, Alexander, I sincerely appreciate your patience and
willingness to give me a hand. And I apologize for making what to you
is probably like tying your shoelaces into something closer to open-heart
surgery.

You're a great guy, and so is Roelof (even if he eventually decides to
cut me loose).

Good night.

Jack