After munging around, I got my address book back .... sort of.\

When I hit F8, it brings up the Address Book window labelled at the
bottom as a Group.   But it does contain all of my original address
book entries.  Whew!

However, from the Email Editor when I click on "To:", it brings up the
"Pick e-mail address" Window.  The Drop Down list shows "Personal
address book".  The address list below the Drop Down list contains a
ton of other entries besides my original address book entries.  They
must have been loaded when I was flailing around trying to recover my
address book.  The extra addresses are typically of the form "CA Cert
Signing Authority" and "Verisign Trust Network, Verisign, Inc."  and
such.  I'm not sure how I got these into the list.  But I can't delete
them from the "Pick e-mail address" Window.  How do I get rid of them
and have only my original address book entries appear.

 Lawrence Johnson                  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]