Hello [EMAIL PROTECTED],

IAW> Robin,

IAW> On Monday, November 14, 2005, 1:41:24 PM, you (Robin Anson) wrote:

>>> Are there any alternative dictionaries available for The Bat!? We tend
>>> to use the "ise" words over the "ize" words here.

RA>> I have mine set to British English. Seems to work the way I expect.

IAW> Mine is set to British English, but while it picks up the difference
IAW> between aluminum and aluminium, it considers customise incorrect.

IAW> Also it is a pity that my hard disk crashed as before that I had
IAW> Office97 and the dictionary from that could be used. There I had an
IAW> Australian English dictionary and it had things like place names and
IAW> the like that were accepted.

IAW> The interesting thing is that when I look at the Spell
IAW> Checker|Dictionaries it still says American English when I have set
IAW> the language to British English.

Think you need to download the International Language pack from
ritlabs, and then install it.

Then in new message - options - language -select British English

But But But - it will still disallow customise.

John Clark's Dictionary of English Usage - Harrap Books 1990 Great
Britain, under ize or ise, it suggests that:

The endings -ize and -ization are preferred especially if the verb can
form a noun ending in -ation.

In my Microsoft XP Word, it accepts either spelling.

Good luck!

--

Paul

 Using The Bat! v3.5 on Windows XP
5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

...It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere!