Paul,

On Monday, November 14, 2005, 4:09:31 PM, you (Paul Berger) wrote:

PB> Think you need to download the International Language pack from
PB> ritlabs, and then install it.

PB> Then in new message - options - language -select British English

PB> But But But - it will still disallow customise.

PB> John Clark's Dictionary of English Usage - Harrap Books 1990 Great
PB> Britain, under ize or ise, it suggests that:

PB> The endings -ize and -ization are preferred especially if the verb can
PB> form a noun ending in -ation.

PB> In my Microsoft XP Word, it accepts either spelling.

PB> Good luck!

Thanks for that, but I am using the Pro version and it has the
international language pack as part of it. If downloaded and installed
it anyway, but it made no difference.

Anyhow, I know how to fix its little red wagon. I am also a licensed
user of Text Pad, and it uses the same spelling engine as The Bat!. I
have a couple of choices. I could archive the dictionary files and
copy the ones over from Text Pad, or if someone can point me as to
which one is the British English one I can copy just it over. In Text
Pad, customise is considered correct, and it still picks up the
difference between aluminum and aluminium.

Do you know which file is the "problem" one?

--

Regards,

Ian A. White, CPEng

|  /|  / WAI Engineering
| /_| /  Sydney 2000
|/  |/   Australia

Ph:    0418 203 229 (Int'l: +61 418 203 229)
Fax: (02) 9622 0450 (Int'l: +61 2 9622 0450)

Home Page: www.wai.com.au

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

callto://waiwhite on Skype

Using The Bat! 3.62.12 Professional on a 1.4 GHz Centrino with 1 GB RAM
and 60 GB HDD, Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2, and MailWasher Pro