Hello Martin,

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:20:37 +0100 GMT (24/02/2006, 18:20 +0700 GMT),
Martin Schuster wrote:

MS> I noticed a context menu item in the message list called "open reply"
MS> (in "specials" submenu). To me this seem to mean "look for message
MS> having the mid of the current message in the reply-to header". That
MS> would be something I would really need.

No, this function looks only for replies you have made on your own
computer to this message. I doesn't work if somebody else replied
(like on a mailing list). The shortcut is crtl-backspace, and I use
it often.

MS> However it does not seem to work as I expect: doing "open reply" on a
MS> message that I replied to leads to the message:

MS>   Reply was not found in most appropriate folders.
MS>   Would you like to search through whole message base?"

MS> and subsequently to the message "Reply not found".

It works nicely if you replied to the message but your reply is in
another folder. I sometime reply to messages from another account than
where they first came in.

If someone else replied to that message, it won't work.

MS> But: when I do a manual search for the mid of the message I find the
MS> message and my reply (because the mid is in the reply-to header) in
MS> the same folder.

MS> What am I doing/getting wrong here?

You'll find the mid if someone else replied.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

"Wenn ich Sie jetzt um Sex bitten wuerde - waere Ihre Antwort die
gleiche, die Sie auf diese Frage geben?"