Hi,

,- - [ Le samedi 25 mars 2006 vers 20:55 Alexander S. Kunz écrivait: ] - -

> Discouraged: readability, we've been thru that already. :-)

Avoiding hardwrap does not limit the readability as the reader remain able to
display the message with a 76 chars width...  and a message without hardwrap is
much more readable on some devices than a message with (PDA, cellular,...)...
thus you told that hardwrapping is encouraged to lower the readability of the
mails ? :p

>> I can live with it if i need to, i just do not understand why it's the
>> "recommended" way to do when there are another way much more
>> compatible with every screen and user wish...

> I dare say that it is very much a compatibility issue, even today... :-(

I still do not see the compatibility problem : is there some systems unable to
read correctly messages without hardwrapping ?  That question remain open for
me : is there a compatibility problem with mails using no hardwrapping ?  Is
someone unable to read this mail because their reader cannot wrap itself ?

I've used emails for really long time, even before using Internet i was Fidonet
node (2:291/713), i've used Golded for years, even golded under MSDos was able
to wrap messages without the need of hardwrap in it...  in that time already i
was sometimes using a console with 132 columns and not the standard 80 :)

--
Best regards...
 _