Hello Thomas,
Saturday, April 1, 2006, 9:48:03 AM, you wrote:

TF> This header info is used for threading. My messages still thread when
TF> I just use my normal settings, so why do I want to use a different
TF> domain in the mid, you may ask.

TF> The practical reason is that it allows me to create a Virtual Folder
TF> in TB that shows the threads I am involved in (as long as everybody
TF> uses an email client that threads properly, for example TB!).

This is what I am interested in doing, except that I want to use it to
color  message  threads  that  I  am  involved in. Currently my mid is
pretty  much  the  same  for  every person using MTS for there service
provider in the province of Manitoba, Canada.

TF> The other reason is that some people interpret the RFCs so that a
TF> message ID should only use a Fully-Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) that
TF> the user owns. This is especiallly important in newsgroups. I don't
TF> own GMX.net, so there is a theoretical possibility that someone
TF> creates the same mid with their message as I do with mine. On the
TF> usenet, this can create problems.

So the domain you are using is not real and just made up by you?

TF> I argued earlier that it is very improbable that someone creates the
TF> same mid as I do, but for me, it's a matter of easily creating the VF
TF> mentioned above. I think that TB should allow creating mids with a
TF> manually pre-defined domain.

And if someone wants to reply directly via PM this does not affect the
message?

--
 Stuart                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v3.72.05 (Beta) on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4