Hello Robin Anson & everyone else,

on 12-Mai-2006 at 02:39 you (Robin Anson) wrote:

> This means I have to set up Outlook to use a local PST file for
> everything, including email.

This needs clarification. If your client(s) is/are using Outlook with
Exchange server, your mails are on the Exchange server (if you look in
Outlook, it will be called "Post Box - Robin Anson" or something).

You can set up additional Personal Storage file(s) and configure Outlook
that new message will be put there. But AFAIK, the mails are still on
the Exchange server as well.

If you have a setup like this, you'll have at least two roots in the
left hand explorer-like bar in Outlook: "Post box - Robin Anson" and
"Personal Storage".

If you're downloading mails to TB, you're not pulling them from the PST
(no way). You're downloading the mails from the Exchange server via MAPI
to TB. The PST file is already a local copy, just like your TB folders
if you download mails from the server (via MAPI or POP3).

What Leif is referring to is the way Outlook connects to the Exchange
server. It may use RPC-over-HTTPS, lets call it "MAPI in a HTTPS
tunnel", a special method normally used for remote connections to the
server. There's no way TB can do that.

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de)

Should I refuse a good dinner simply because I do not understand the
processes of digestion? -- Oliver Heaviside