hi thomas,

> In the office, I have one local HDD with two partitions, C and D. TB's
> program files reside on C, mailbase on D.

> What I intend to do is to add another physical HDD with another two
> partitions. If I understand Windows correctly, C will then be the
> first partition on HDD0, D will be the first partition on HDD1, E is
> the second on HDD0 and F is the second on HDD1. This is Windows
> default and I cannot change anything about it - if this is incorrect,
> please let me know!

you don't mention the version of windows you're running or if the partitions on
the new hdd will be logical or primary.  no matter, i think your assumption is
incorrect ... at least for win2k and winxp.

via disk management, you have the ability to assign/reassign drive letters as
you see fit.  i have 8 hdd's and do it all the time.  check it out ... settings
-> control panel -> administrative tools -> computer management -> disk
management.

if drive letters aren't the way you want them after installing the new hdd,
temporarily reassign a new letter to the partition with the letter you want
(e.g., D -> Q) ... that frees up D for reassignment.  then go to E, make it D,
go to Q, make it E, and so on.

drop me a line off list if i'm not being clear.

thanks/regards, ..