Hello Chris W. & everyone else,

on 16-Jul-2006 at 06:40 you (Chris W.) wrote:

> Is there some functionality of The Bat! that will help me when it
> comes to mailing lists that don't replace the reply-to header with the
> list's address?

You can use Shift+F4 to "reply to all quoting selected text" which will
put the sender in TO and the list address in CC (might depend on the
list). Not a very practical solution in my opinion.

> Is there some sort of options that can be toggled or a template that
> can be used.

I'm using a folder template. However, you have to handle these with
care.

First, its not working all of the time - because address book (group)
templates have priority over folder templates.

[which means - as soon as I reply to someone that is in my address book,
more precisely in an AB group that has its own template, or the AB entry
itself has its own template, the folder template will not kick in, but
the AB template, and the message is sent as a private reply if I don't
take care]

And second, if I explicitely choose "reply to this address" if I *do*
want to send a private reply, the TO address will be replaced by the
folder template, and the message will be send to the list.

> If I remember correctly, pine (a CLI-based IMAP client) would ask me
> whether I wanted to reply to the sender or the list.

I'd like to know if there's a different/better solution for TB as well.

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de)

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.