Henk M. de Bruijn stelde de volgende uitleg voor :
Don't forget to backup

I'didn't.

I uninstalled TB! the proper way (add/remove)
I unchecked the option to keep settings and data
I deleted the folder Rit in the registry (current_user)

I re-installed the Bat! (admittedly opting for 'restore backup'),I had to put in my registration key, but my old accounts were still there. Data too. There were only some minor changes in font type.

The attachment problem is still there too: I cannot attach anything either trough the button, nor through keyboard short cuts, for the browse window does not show my files (it does show folders). I can only attach by dragging the attachment into the editor.

So where does TheBat! store the settings that control this browser window explorer type function?

I know I should try a acomplete reinstall without putting back a back up, but at the moment I do not have the time.

Jim Kyle suggested earlier in this thread "This information is usually stored,
invisibly to the user, as part of the EXE file" but by uninstalling and reinstalling sureley that .exe file has been repaired?

Any more ideas?

--
Regards,
Adriana.