Thomas Fernandez @ 2006-9-18 9:03:02 PM
"Voyager" <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> I see that data is being written to my USB stick for approx 20
>> seconds after Voyager appears to close; at that point I am able to
>> remove the device safely.

> This is what I meant in my earlier post. What I am confused about
> is: What data is being written for so long? Any idea?

In order to increase overall system performance, Windows often buffers
reads and writes. After a flurry of activity when closing The Bat!,
Windows probably waits a while for things to settle down before
committing the changes to the disk.

If you use the "Safely Remove Devices" applet, Windows will flush the
buffers immediately and (perhaps) allow you to remove the device
sooner.

--
Chris

Using The Bat! v3.85.03 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2.
Accessing a POP3 mailbox.

It's hard to write foolproof software because there are so many fools,
and they are very inventive.