Hello Mary,

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, at 03:25:17 [GMT -0600] (which was 4:25:17
AM in NY, USA) Mary Bull wrote:

> In connection with the discussion going on about Spam filters:

> Knujon sent me a Welcome letter in which they suggested that I drag
> the listing from a Spam message into the Editor window, as a means of
> attaching reports of several messages into one e-mail report to them.

I realize this doesn't address your specific TB related concern.
 But I wanted to share how I have been sending gobs of spam to
Knujon for several months now.  First I registered with Knujon
and sent them a list of all the email addresses to which I
receive spam.  Within about a week, they sent me a message with
a personal reporting address and an ftp account.  During the
week that I waited for ftp access, I did send the spam by way of
attachment. I'll mention this later.  But once I had ftp access,
I simply set my view mode to show rfc headers, exported all my
verified spam for each day to a folder in eml format, compressed
the spam, and finally ftp'd it to knujon.  I've reported over
20,000 spam messages in this way.

Knujon Registration:
<http://www.knujon.com/register.html>

Now for the hard way...before I had ftp access, I tried several
methods of sending spam to knujon. The first was a simple filter
that would forward any selected messages upon a hotkey combo
trigger.  Sometimes it worked.  But sometimes it did not.  This
method seemed to choke on some html stockspam.  Also, I had more
luck when only selecting 5 messages at a time.  If successful,
the forwards would be queued and the original would be archived
in a 'reported' folder.  This was too slow for me.

Lastly, I could select 22 messages (my preview pane shows 22),
right-click, choose 'alternative forward' to create a new
message with 22 eml attachments, and send that to Knujon.  More
could be selected but anything over 5-7 mb was sometimes
rejected.  My only problem with this method is that I could not
get the eml's to show the headers even when I had View set to
show them.  Knujon doesn't require them but I wanted to show
them anyway as I was trying to find a way to report to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] at the same time.

FTP appears to be the best solution.  But even if you don't want
to use an ftp client, they offer a Web based upload interface.
But I believe you need to be registered to use either.  More
info on reporting methods is buried within Knujon's
CastleCops forum:

<http://www.castlecops.com/f240-Knujon_General_Discussion.html>

James Senick

The Bat! v.3.86.11 beta