On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 at 18:33:29 -0700, Michael wrote:
> Is there a way to edit a message one has received--not for reply but for
> filing.
>
> For example, I sometimes get email messages from people without
> subject lines or with meaningless subject lines. I'd like to file
> the message with a subject line that makes sense to me, so I'd like
> to add a subject line (if their's was blank) or change the one they used with
> one of my own.
>
> At other times I'd like to add my own comments to the body of the
> message for my own purposes--without replying to the person.
>
> I can't figure out if one can do this in TheBat!.

Chris and Stuart have suggested a couple of simple options, however
these will change the date and time of the message. The best option
(IMHO) is to export the message as a Unix mailbox file and then edit
it in a text editor and re-import the mailbox file. This can be
automated with the use of a filter to export the email and then pass
control to a batch file that calls your favourite editor and does the
re-importing.

Go to the Macro and Solutions library at
http://cgi.silverstones.com/library.php and look for "Mssg & header
editor".

--
Robin

Using The Bat! v3.95.6
      Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
      Popfile v0.22.4