EC>> In fact there where numerous discussions on this topic.
TF> True, but [un]resolved.

UNRESOLVABLE. This topic is similar in tone to a religious war for some
reason! Those who insist that the integrity of an email should be
unassailable seem wholly unable to compromise. Nobody else cares, and
those who want to be able to do this feel vilified!

EC>> Personally I also think an eMail should not be altered.

I'd ask why but we're getting too OT (the topic was: How do I...?) I'll
simply say that I think email SHOULD be fully alterable if you want to
for any reason whatsoever. It is after all YOUR email in YOUR database.
I often "fix" emails that I've received to ensure better data in my
message database. Mostly it is a subject line edit, sometimes it is to
correct the message contents. For example, I'll correct an email when
someone might send me their contact info but omit or typo something.

I also edit EVERY message from PayPal to remove the footer and to clean
up the message so that it prints one order to (only) one page.

Lastly, since to me it is preferable to keep the time stamp and sender's
email address intact, emailing messages back to myself is not an option.

Rich

--
Beautiful Butterfly Displays
http://FramedButterflyArt.com

Random tagline:
"I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours."   - Jerome
K. Jerome