C2>> ...a situation could arise where I receive an infected e-mail
C2>> which NOD32's IMON module does not yet recognize (as happened to
C2>> me last week with the Fuclip.A worm).  That infected e-mail would
C2>> sit undiscovered in my inbox despite several NOD32 on-demand
C2>> scans. Since NOD32's IMON module does not scan outgoing mail, I
C2>> could unwittingly forward it to, and infect, an unsuspecting
C2>> recipient.

GM> I've disabled the POP3 checking in IMON and use the NOD32 Plugin for
GM> TB!:

GM> http://ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/plugin/plugins.php

GM> With the Plugin there's an option to scan outgoing mail.  Plus, you
GM> can initiate an on-demand scan from within TB!.  If it all works as
GM> advertised, the Plugin seems like a pretty good way to go.

You're right, George, we can use the plug-in to scan outgoing mail. I
notice that the plug-in is a test version (version 0.1) and appears to
have been developed several years ago for NOD32 version 1.  The
plug-in seems to work with NOD32 version 2.7 except it generates
unexplained, periodic "bong" noises.  Is there a newer version.

While the plug-in helps fill the gap, we still have the problem with
NOD232 being unable to scan our messages.tbb files.

--
Code 2  :canadaflag:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Bat! version 2.12.00 on Windows XP Service Pack 2