Hi Mark,

On Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 3:55:15 PM you wrote:

MM>> If I choose a new email from the New Message button in the address book
MM>> when their name is highlighted, all is well and the new message reads:
Dear Joe and Sue.

MM>> If I create a message by calling a new message from the main screen and
MM>> using their nickname (handle), the salutation says Dear Joe only.

MM>> How can I get the new message to read Dear Joe and Sue when using the
nickname to call a new message?

MP> Perhaps I'm missing something, but what's wrong with simply putting
MP> "Dear Joe and Sue" (without quotes of course & instead of using a macro)
MP> in the AB - New Message Template, meanwhile not forgetting to tick "use
MP> specific template for new messages" (translated - text may be slightly
MP> different)???

Yes, I did that, I did not use a macro. The address book template says Dear Joe
and Sue, but it only shows up that way if I create the new email from the "New"
button in the address book window, NOT if I am in the main screen calling up a
New message and using the handle in the To:  address line to address their
mail. The result is only Dear Joe.

Understandably this is hard to understand (even for me, and I wrote it!)
Thanks for taking a look at this for me.

--

Regards,
  Maggie

Even overweight, cats instinctively know the cardinal rule: when fat, arrange
yourself in slim poses. -John Weitz
Emailing with The Bat! 3.99.29