am Samstag, 12. Juli 2008 um 11:17 schrieb Brenda:

> I don't know how to do this. I know how to get in with telnet but not
> how to look at my mail that way.

So, you log in the POP3 Server with Telnet on Port 110, passing
user <username>
pass <password>

then you have the following possibilities:

noop (Keep alive the session, do noting but a handshake to the server)

stat (get a statistic oversight Messagecount+Size of the Mailbox)

list (gives you the Index of all Messages by List, this can be long!)

top 1 0 (give you the Headers of Message 1, but "0" Lines of the Message)

dele 1 (deletes Message 1 - be carefull, now Message 2 is Message 1, if
        you now delete Message 2 you will delete the previous Message
        3!)

retr 1 (get the full Message 1)

rset (resurrect the full scenario, if you did a "dele" - without Params
      it is delete all Messages - and wish to abort this)

quit (logout)

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jens Franik