> I haven't encountered a virus problem with gmail yet, but you might
> try AVG (there's a free version available).

  I would say: Don't do that - the AVG 8 plug-in is buggy and messages
  (or rather, the *task* of outgoing and incoming messages) might just
  hang at any rate. I have seen this error quite a lot and has disabled
  the plug-in altogether. As for outgoing messages, TB just waits for
  forever - status message saying "Logging on to server". Other messages
  for the same account may relay just fine - it is just the very task
  that is stuck. The situation is fixed and your messages is "resent"
  the next time you *start* TB. /EXIT and /SMARTEXIT won't work when
  this is happening - if you use TB unattended TB won't send these
  messages for as long as YOU haven't fixed this manually by aborting
  the task in CC and then restart TB. As for incoming messages, things
  are a bit more serious as TB receives an RSET command/status message
  from the server and will from then on NOT check mail for the *account*
  that is stuck.

  So the result is highly annoying for outgoing messages as you might
  not be aware that a message (task) is hanging. For incoming messages,
  you may not receive anything until you restart TB - that's more than
  annoying. The latter situation would likely make you a bit suspicious
  realizing mail is not being received. But as there are timnes where
  you want to let your machine receive and handle "stuff" unattended,
  you might come home from a weekend off with your family on Sunday,
  and find that TB hasn't downloaded mail since Friday; two hours after
  you left for that family weekend holiday...

  As I have been saying in a previous posting, TB should be much less
  forgivable to Time Outs. TB should auto-reset hanging CC-tasks if no
  response is seen after a preset time (Preferences or Properties).

  Additionally, a /FORCEEXIT macro should be created: Feeding TB with
  that command would do exactly that - it's similar to when you want
  to exit TB, but will have to wait for TB to finish its CC-tasks and
  then gracefully exit (OR not exit if TB was not finishing its tasks.)
  only that /FORCEEXIT would press that "OK (exit now!)"-button for you
  and abort orderly all and any tasks and simply exit.

  I don't see none of these whishes to be hard to add or fix - in fact,
  I strongly recommend Ritlabs to add and fix ASAP.

--
  ...listen2reason... - Musaic.Net <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>