Hi

On Wednesday 23 July 2008 at 10:22:12 PM, in
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Peter Hampf wrote:

> tell me, how do you manage to send mail via a POP server?

The normal set-up is that you use a mail client such as TB! to send
mail through a POP3 server and receive it via an SMTP server. The POP
server may belong to your ISP (or Gmail, Yahoo, etc) but could also be
on your own PC, for example.

Some people use a webmail interface or IMAP instead. The remote
machine you are logged onto deals with the sending then and you have
given up control of it. The advantage usually quoted for using IMAP or
a webmail interface is that the received and sent mail is stored on
the server, not on your computer - which means you can access it from
anywhere but are trusting somebody else to keep it safe and secure.

MFPA

I'll tell you what's the matter!  This parrot is dead!

Using The Bat! v4.0.24 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600