Hello Rick,

R> There are some windows gurus on here and I think the answer if known
R> would benefit all

R> Here's what I want to do
R> I want certain folders, when opened from ANY APPLICATION to always
R> open with thumbnails enabled the way MY PICTURES does.

R> This can be set to happen in windows explorer or My Computer but it
R> will not carry over to other programs such as The Bat

R> I have a specific folder I use for my animations and it always
R> opens as a list even though it is set in windows as a photo album.
R> Does anyone know the setting or registry entry so I don't have to
R> constantly change this to Thumbnails each time I access the folder from a
program?

Here using Win XP pro I go to START > CONTROL PANEL > FOLDER OPTIONS
and click on the VIEW tab. Near the bottom of the folder options is a
one which says "Remember each folder's view settings".

Although for me that selection was already ticked, I too had been
having problems with photo folders opening showing DETAILS instead of
thumbnails regardless of which state they were in when I last closed
them. I un-ticked the option and then re-ticked it which caused the
APPLY button to become active. I clicked on APPLY and closed CONTROL
PANEL. I then went to a pictures folder and opened it (it opened in
DETAILS view) and changed the view to THUMBNAILS and closed the
folder. When I re-opened the folder, it was still set to THUMBNAILS. I
changed the VIEW to DETAILS, closed the folder and then re-opened it
to find that it was still set to DETAILS. I changed the VIEW again
back to THUMBNAILS, closed the folder and then re-opened it to find
the view still set to THUMBNAILS.

So it would seem that somewhere along the way that option became
corrupted. It appears that un-ticking and re-ticking the "Remember
each folder's view settings" has fixed the corruption.

Thanks for your question, it's helped me and might help you.

--
Jack LaRosa                  mailto:jlar...@charter.net

Sticking with with The Bat! ver: 3.99.3 for now.
Operating? with Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3