> Hello Rick,

R>> There are some windows gurus on here and I think the answer if known
R>> would benefit all

R>> Here's what I want to do
R>> I want certain folders, when opened from ANY APPLICATION to always
R>> open with thumbnails enabled the way MY PICTURES does.

R>> This can be set to happen in windows explorer or My Computer but it
R>> will not carry over to other programs such as The Bat

R>> I have a specific folder I use for my animations and it always
R>> opens as a list even though it is set in windows as a photo album.
R>> Does anyone know the setting or registry entry so I don't have to
R>> constantly change this to Thumbnails each time I access the folder from a
program?

> Here using Win XP pro I go to START > CONTROL PANEL > FOLDER OPTIONS
> and click on the VIEW tab. Near the bottom of the folder options is a
> one which says "Remember each folder's view settings".

> Although for me that selection was already ticked, I too had been
> having problems with photo folders opening showing DETAILS instead of
> thumbnails regardless of which state they were in when I last closed
> them. I un-ticked the option and then re-ticked it which caused the
> APPLY button to become active. I clicked on APPLY and closed CONTROL
> PANEL. I then went to a pictures folder and opened it (it opened in
> DETAILS view) and changed the view to THUMBNAILS and closed the
> folder. When I re-opened the folder, it was still set to THUMBNAILS. I
> changed the VIEW to DETAILS, closed the folder and then re-opened it
> to find that it was still set to DETAILS. I changed the VIEW again
> back to THUMBNAILS, closed the folder and then re-opened it to find
> the view still set to THUMBNAILS.

> So it would seem that somewhere along the way that option became
> corrupted. It appears that un-ticking and re-ticking the "Remember
> each folder's view settings" has fixed the corruption.

> Thanks for your question, it's helped me and might help you.

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad it fixed your issue. I am trying to get
a totally unrelated folder to show thumbnail. There has to be a way -
I'll find it eventually. I smell a registry issue :))

--
Rick
When you're caffeinated, all is right with the world

v4.1.11.6 on Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600
Service Pack 3