Hello MFPA,

M> Hi

M> On Sunday 1 November 2009 at 8:51:16 PM, in
M> <mid:1378994389.20091101145...@charter.net>, Jack S. LaRosa wrote:

>> Since I've now upgraded to v4.0.38 from 3.99 I notice
>> that every time I generate an email, either new, reply,
>> forward or redirect, the new window which opens is
>> shifted so that the right edge is off screen and I have
>> to drag the window back to the left. It always does
>> this.

M> If I do not have the message window maximised, the left edge lines up
M> roughly with the numbers in my "unread messages" column of the
M> (full-height) account tree, and the top edge overlaps the column
M> headers in my message list.

Here the left edge lines up with the TOTAL column and the top edge
lies just below my message list column headers. This may be
attributable to the difference in our monitors (I'm just guessing).

M> The size is remembered but the position on screen is not. Maximise
M> the window and it opens maximised next time.

Same here.

>> Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

M> Option 1: Maximise the new message window

M> Option 2: Reduce the width

How?  Once the window is maximized, I can't get the cursor to any of
the edges to drag them back towards the center.

M> Option 3: Possibly, edit the position in the registry

Sounds like the best solution but where in the registry?

The inability of TB! to remember window positions seems to me to be a
bug. Surely by now someone has reported it?

--
Jack LaRosa                  mailto:jlar...@charter.net

Sticking with with The Bat! ver: 4.0.38 for now.
Operating? with Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3