Hallo Amy,

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 07:40:35 -0600GMT (8-12-2009, 14:40 +0100, where I
live), you wrote:

AJS> (1) Is there any way to replicate the Eudora method of having
AJS> double-clicked messages open in the same pane as the message list

No.

AJS> (2) Speaking of spam . . . am I really stuck with having to purchase
AJS> an extra plug-in in order to get the same junk filtering that Eudora
AJS> provided as part of the package? (Or are there freebies that I'm not
AJS> seeing?)

http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/plugin.php
I thought some of those had a free variety.

AJS> (3) I'm also strongly used to keeping messages in ascending order, and
AJS> Eudora would always open a message list with the last (newest) message
AJS> visible at the bottom. The Bat! is making me scroll down every time,
AJS> and I can't figure out how to change this. Am I doomed to force myself
AJS> to get used to using descending order (which I hate as much as top
AJS> posting)?

Over  here TB places the cursor at the last message in the list that I
opened,  whether  it's  on  top  of the message list, at the bottom or
somewhere in between. That might be related to the fact that I read my
messages in the preview pane.
Apart from that it's easy to find the first unread message by pressing
Ctrl-Right.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

He says a thousand pleasant things, but never "Adieu."
http://www.voormijalleen.nl/
The Bat! 4.2.13.4 ALPHA
Windows Vista 6.0 Build 6001 Service Pack 1
6 pop3 accounts, 1 imap account
OTFE enabled
Quad Core 2.4GHz
4 GB RAM