Hi

On Tuesday 8 December 2009 at 1:40:35 PM, in
<mid:43679945.20091208074...@featherschneider.com>, Amy J. Schneider
wrote:

> (1) Is there any way to replicate the Eudora method of
> having  double-clicked messages open in the same pane
> as the message list  (that is, not a separate window)?

The Bat! opens a new window viewing the folder containing the message
you have double-clicked, not just the message. You can show or hide
the message list in that window via its view menu.

> I don't like using the preview pane  because of spam
> avoidance (both HTML bugs and just having to see the
> stupid things at all), but those extra taskbar buttons
> for each  message really take up a lot of space.

Linked images (HTML bugs included, obviously) will only be displayed
in TB! if you specifically tell it to, either on an image-by-image
basis or by whitelisting a domain. But why not just view everything in
plain text?

> (2) Speaking of spam . . . am I really stuck with
> having to purchase  an extra plug-in in order to get
> the same junk filtering that Eudora  provided as part
> of the package? (Or are there freebies that I'm not
> seeing?)

I believe some contributors to this list use free spam filters. I find
that care with who I give my address to, coupled with appropriate use of
disposable email addresses, keeps it down to maybe a dozen spam messages
a week out of about 800 received.

> (3) I'm also strongly used to keeping messages in
> ascending order, and Eudora would always open a message
> list with the last (newest) message visible at the
> bottom. The Bat! is making me scroll down every time,
> and I can't figure out how to change this. Am I doomed
> to force myself to get used to using descending order
> (which I hate as much as top  posting)?

In the main window, go to View | Message List Columns and set the
order and threading that suits you best. I don't understand why TB! is
causing you to have to scroll down every time, as it has always opened
my folders with focus on the last message I viewed in that folder.

> I think that's all for now. Thanks much for any light
> you can shed.

> Regards, Amy J. Schneider a...@featherschneider.com who
> hasn't had time to set up sig templates yet

The moderators will soon be after you if you don't include a cut mark
footer.

--
Best regards

MFPA

The One with The Answer is seldom asked The Question

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600