Hello Thomas,

On Sunday, January 31, 2010 you wrote:

TF> Hello Jack,

TF> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 07:25:32 -0600 GMT (31/Jan/10, 20:25 PM +0700 GMT),
TF> Jack S. LaRosa wrote:

JSL>> Whenever I click on an HTML email it is immediately displayed with the
JSL>> very top of the email showing in the preview pane and I have to scroll
JSL>> down to see the rest of the email. However, since upgrading to v4.0.38
JSL>> I find that after scrolling down, a second or two later the view will
JSL>> immediately pop back up to the top of the email. I then have to scroll
JSL>> back down to where I was in order to continue reading. Usually it will
JSL>> happen a second time as I'm reading but seldom more than twice.

TF> I can confirm that this has happened to me.

Well, that's a comfort.

JSL>> Nothing appears to have changed in what I was seeing so I'm ruling out
JSL>> some kind of update to the display although I can't think of any other
JSL>> reason why it might do this.

TF> I assume that the mail (with all pcitures) has not been completely
TF> downloaded when I start reading, and for each picture downloaded, the
TF> screen jumps to the top again.

That would seem to be a good explanation but I don't ever recall
seeing any changes in the content of the email. I suppose a good test
would be to simply wait several seconds before scrolling down the
message. If it was being caused by a not-yet-completed download, it
shouldn't happen if you wait before scrolling.  I'll try it.

--
Jack LaRosa                  mailto:jlar...@charter.net

Sticking with with The Bat! ver: 4.0.38 for now.
Operating? with Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3