Hello Rick,

On Wednesday, March 10, 2010 you wrote:

>> Fellow list members,

>> I received an email which has several pictures embedded in it.
>> Actually, for unknown reasons, the first picture is an attachment and
>> shows up in the side pane as such.  The remainder of the pictures are
>> actually embedded in the body of the email.

>> This same email when sent to my Gmail account readily displays ALL of
>> the pictures assuming I click on the DISPLAY IMAGES BELOW which is
>> contained in the IMAGES ARE NOT DISPLAYED box.

>> Ideas?

R> I get this a lot in Yahoo groups. There is one image that can be
R> viewed. Open the index.html and they SHOULD all be visible except the
R> one that was visible in the message. If so, the issue is external
R> links in the email

R> The fix is for Ritlabs to add a button to "show external links in this
R> email"

Hmmm, interesting.  While viewing the email in TB I have two icons in
the left pane: MESSAGE.HTML and ATT00001.JPG; the ATT00001.JPG being
the sole image viewable from within TB.  If I double-click on the
MESSAGE.HTML icon it causes my browser (FireFox) to be launched and
lo, all the images appear *except* the ATT00001.JPG image just as you
describe.  Never thought to try this with previous problematic emails
from this person.

Has this been brought to RIT Labs attention?

Thank you Rick.  I'll try this on the next message I have trouble with
from this person.

--
Jack LaRosa                  mailto:jlar...@charter.net

Sticking with with The Bat! ver: 4.0.38 for now.
Operating? with Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3