Hello tb...@thebat.,

Saturday, May 22, 2010, 1:14:42 PM, you wrote:

TH> Hello TBUL,

TH>   Just curious but how do you all deal with Spam? Do you have a
TH>   favorite spam filter that you use with TB. I haven't been able to
TH>   find anything that has worked that well with TB to control Spam.
TH>   Thanks in advance for your input!!!

A lot of great ideas have come in.

If you prefer to use the built-in mail filtering in Sorting Office:

You put in all the positive filters to move the mail you want to
accept to particular folders. Then you put in a last filter to dispose
of spam that reaches you but was not addressed specifically to you.

Sequence is important

Account – Sorting Office/Filters

Incoming Mail

The Bat Header contains TBUDL
        Or      Header contains tbudl
        Or      Header contains thebat.dutaint.com
        Action: Move to folder …TheBat
Spam            Header contains mpx.com
        Or      Sender contains <about 6 filters for spammers
        Action: Move to folder …Trash
Ramblers        Header contains any of
                       paulb.rambl...@mailnull.com
                       ramblers....@gishpuppy.com
                       vicnet....@gishpuppy.com
                       bcqoxctfi...@spammotel.com
        Action: Move to folder …Ramblers Reply
Welcome Address Book contains sender
        Or      Header contains mailnull.com
        Or      Recipient contains gishpuppy,com
        Or      Header contains my-etrust.com
        Or      Sender contains melbpc.org.au
        Or      Sender contains optusnet.com.au
        And about 20 other senders
        Action: Move to folder …Welcome
Access  Sender contains Access
        Action: Move to folder …Access SIG
Spam Last Filter
                Recipient does not match berg...@optusnet.com.au
        And     Recipient does not contain mailnull.com
        And     Recipient does not contain spammotel.com
        And     Recipient does not contain gishpuppy.com
        Action: Move to folder …Trash

Not using Selective Download.

To block emails over 1 MB.

  Account – Properties – Mail Management –
Receive Header Only If Message Is Greater Than 1000 KB
   You get message that the email is on the server.
   Control-Shift-F2 to access this and decide to download or delete.

Paul

 Using The Bat! v4.2.36.4 on Windows XP
5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3

...A seminar on Time Travel will be held two weeks ago.