Hello tb...@thebat.,

...<snip>

JSL> Interesting.  Is Vipre also a firewall?  I've never heard of it.  I
JSL> used to run ZoneAlarm for a firewall and free AVG for an anti-virus
JSL> but since I built this computer I was never able to get ZoneAlarm to
JSL> work properly.  In looking around for a replacement for ZoneAlarm I
JSL> stumbled across Comodo.  Since it has an anti-virus built-in, I never
JSL> installed free AVG.  I don't really like Comodo, it's too intrusive
JSL> although that probably could be tempered if I took the time to learn
JSL> how to configure it properly.

I use Comodo as a firewall only. It is intrusive, always asking you
permission for any software to access the internet. But fortunately it
remembers and learns, so it gets easier as you go on.

Good luck!

--

Paul

 Using The Bat! v4.2.36.4 on Windows XP
5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3

...When it rains, why don't sheep shrink?