Hi Matthew,

the most recent version of tkdb is on CPAN, which is  Devel-tkdb.

Look at Changes file on what changes were done to the "ptkdb" debugger,
http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/VKON/Devel-tkdb-2.2/Changes
e.g. the lines

        event loop (main_loop) is much better: it does not cycle eating CPU,
instead waits

(most important change IMO, is it will not eat the battery of your notebook
while you're debugging :) )

Actually I can say that - during development - I ran the "tkdb" debugger in a
specially constructed huge program of 150k lines (!) and it was really fast and
responsive!

perl -we "print qq/\$a++;\nprint \$a;\n/ x 75000" | perl -d:tkdb
is quite fast.

"tkdb" actually lacks about 2-3 days of development time to have it
feature-finished and really cool :)
Maybe eventually I finish it.
Surely I'll restart tkdb after all other important things are finished :)

PS. Je ne connais pas votre ami,
this is not surprising, because I am living near the edge of the World, while
your collage friend presumably is closer to the centre :)

Regards,
Vadim.