Folks,

The reason Lisa asked us to stop the STC rant thread was because several
people have unsubscribed in the past couple of days. That should tell us
something. The more emotional the topic, the greater the risk of turning
people off. The longer a thread runs, the greater the risk of turning people
off.

Bill Swallow has offered an offline forum to discuss the topic. Perhaps
someone would step up and do the same for the certification thread.

I think anytime a thread turns into an extended dialog between just a few
people, we should consider directing it offline. Any suggestions?

For anyone else who may be thinking of unsubscribing, I've considered it
too. Lisa is temporarily away on personal business for a few days and will
be back soon, otherwise she would've responded to the STC rant sooner. In
the meantime, let's all exercise our right to use the delete key.

Tom Johnson

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.

DOCUMENTATION & TRAINING WEST 07: THE USER EXPERIENCE

April 18-21, 2007 ~ Vancouver BC ~ Marriott Pinnacle ~ free city tour
40+ sessions * free workshops * free iPod offer * www.doctrain.com