Shift G-N when you're in Slideshow Mode calls up the Slide Navigator, but
the little pop-up has to be showing first. You get that to appear by moving
the cursor down to to lower left of the screen and hovering over the little
icon that appears.

The F5Esc thing is a toggle for going in and out of Slideshow Mode and when
you press Esc to exit it seems to cycle back to the beginning.

You want to stop the show for a bit and then resume it and I thought that
there used to be a specific command for that. Jim Jones