They do vary widely, and if they cannot get past pre-existing condition because
of the certification of previous coverage , they'll simply refuse to underwrite
you at all.  Two years ago BC/BS  in North Carolina decided that a monthly
premium several hundred dollars more than my mortgage was reasonable. Two
months ago they refused to underwrite me at all.

When all else fails do COBRA, it's far better than nothing at all.

Connie P. Giordano
The Right Words
Communications & Information Design
(704) 957-8450 (cell)

www.therightwords.com
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."   - Walt Disney