On Wednesday, June 06, 2007, Chris Borokowski wrote:

> He's not the only one. I know of two TWs who write literature on the
> side. One has self-published three books, and the other has been
> published in several short story journals.

I know several creative/tech writers as well.

I thought this comment was interesting:

"I think technical writing is probably in some ways, in many
important ways, a better education for a creative writer than creative
writing," he said.

And his comment about "observe, observe, observe" and then write
about it. He implies that it's the same process whether you're writing
poetry or documenting a piece of software.

Personally, I think technical writing is "easy" but I wouldn't even
consider tackling any type of creative writing. Maybe I'm not as good
at observing life as I am observing a piece of software :)

Dana

Dana Worley
Software Product Manager/Manager, Software Support Group
Campbell Scientific, Inc.
Microsoft MVP, Windows Help

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.