From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Sean
Sent: Tue 11/13/2007 7:00 PM
To: TCP List
Subject: Re: [TCP] OT Vent re: STC

I've been an STC member for a while. I've contributed some. I'm a senior
member, helped with the local chapter as a Webmaster and president.

I think I'm done.

My thoughts:

1) We're different, the STC organization and I. Ethics are important to me.
Presenting communication in a clear, accurate, and concise way is important to
me. The membership is important to me. I struggle to find evidence that the STC
as an organization values those same things.
a) Treat the members ethically. Listen to and respect them.
b) Treat the chapters ethically. Listen to and respect them.
c) Promote ethical communication and lead by example.
d) STC communication -- Website, email, newsletters, the whole thing -- should
exemplify good traits in technical and business communication.

2) ROI. I've put a fair bit in. I want something back. Prices are rising and I
cannot find the value in spending $175.

3) At a local level, it's the same stouthearted folks doing the work, and
they're burnt out. Others need to step up. I don't have a solution for that but
I'm burnt out, too.

And, when I say the STC organization, I mean the umbrella organization. I
understand there are good folks elected to office and likely good folks hired
to work for the STC, but my perception is that those outstanding individuals
are diminished by the whole.

Cheers,

Sean