The xpj will be created automatically based on the hhp. The hhp file should contain the path to all your topics

Rick

On Nov 5, 2009, at 17:31, Dick Margulis <d...@dmargulis.com> wrote:

Rick Ferrell wrote:
Back it up. And delete the xpj and cpd files and open the hhp and it should bring it backn

That reminds me (although the last time I worked in RH was in 1999, I think, so you'll have to test this with the current version). The XPJ file is readable by Access. It consists of a bunch of database tables but no relationships, as all of the logic is handled by the application, not by the database. Sometimes RH does some annoying little thing you have trouble fixing (or blocks you from something that seems like it ought to be simple), and if you know how to get into the XPJ file you can often address the problem directly.

1. Make a backup of the XPJ file.

2. Change the file extension to MDB.

3. Open the file in Access and look around.

Make whatever change or changes you need to (being careful not to add, delete, or rename tables or columns). Then close the database and change the extension back to XPJ.

This method is suitable for people with some concept of how databases work, probably not for others.

solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or HTML and
publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals. Download Free Trial.
www.doctohelp.comhttp://www.techcommpros.com/componentone/