On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:42 PM, Weber René <rwe...@baumer.com> wrote:

> We working at software for industrial cameras which are supported by the
> cameralink standard. We use Wireshark to monitor the control interface. We
> have implemented a solution similar like the u3v dissector and uses link type
> DLT_USER0.  The cameralink interface is basically a serial interface like
> rs232 uart.

So this is for GenCP over a serial port, rather than GenCP-over-UDP?

> But often exist this only inside the application and not as separate comport.
> The using of DLT_USER0 is not so comfortable, because the protocol at every
> user is at first to set to cameralink ... Therefore, I'm requesting a DLT_
> value for this.  Please let me know what the proper procedure is for this or
> if you have any other questions/concerns.

So do the packets in such a pcap or pcapng file start with the serial prefix
described in section 1.5 "Serial Prefix", followed by the common command data
described in section 4.3 "Common Command Data", followed by the specific
command data for the command in question (section 1.6 "Serial Postfix" says
there's no postfix for serial ports)?

(Presumably the same code can be used to dissect the common command data +
specific command data for GenCP-over-UDP.)