--- Begin Message ---
On Sep 28, 2020, at 4:28 PM, Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca> wrote:

> Guy Harris <ghar...@sonic.net> wrote:
>> For 2), I note that
>

>> https://github.com/pcapng/pcapng/blob/master/draft-tuexen-opsawg-pcapng.md
>
>> has a bunch of stuff that GitHub isn't treating as markup, such as the
>> stuff prior to the "Introduction" heading, and the tags such as
>> "{::boilerplate bcp14}".  Is that an extension of Markdown not
>> supported by GitHub's Markdown renderer but supported by some
>> Markdown-to-RFC XML converter
>
> Yes, kramdown-rfc2629. The MT Makefile does all the magic.

(Presumably "the MT Makefile" is the currently checked-in Martin Thompson
Makefile in GitHub.)

So is there anything we do to arrange that the "Current committed version as
..." links on the GitHub repository home page work again?

Should we, for now, put the XML documents back into the repository, and either

        1) arrange, somehow, that GitHub automatically regenerate the XML
documents if the Markdown documents are updated, if that's possible

or

        2) have everybody who modifies the Markdown documents update the XML
documents and check them in with the updated Markdown documents?

Or is there some site that will run kramdown-rfc2629 on a Markdown file and run
xml2rfc on the result, along the lines of what xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org does?  I
haven't gotten

        https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/experimental.html#kramdown

to work - I tried pasting
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pcapng/pcapng/master/draft-tuexen-opsawg-pcapng.md
 into the URL box, selecting "Window", and hitting Submit, but it didn't seem
to work, it just popped up a blank window.

--- End Message ---