On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Jared Zimmerman < [email protected]> wrote:
> a few thing: > > > - Phabricator devotes about a 5th of the screen to the header of the > board, this is basically useless for day-to-day > - Cards in Phabricator have a consistent height irrespective of > content > - Phabricator uses icons for all the functions, where as a trello uses > content editable for things like editing column titles > - In Phabricator, edit is a specific button, and a small target at > that, compared to the full card target in trello > > These points about workboards have been shared at https://secure.phabricator.com/T4421#19 > > - When you compare the view of individual cards Phabricator duplicates > all of the board permissions onto each card (about half of the screen) > > As Steven say, each card (task) can have different permissions, be in different projects, have different dependents... Still, I agree with you that vertical space could be used more efficiently, hence https://secure.phabricator.com/T4836 > > - Phabricator starts your cursor in the card title, something that is > probably less likely to be needed to change on a day-to-day basis > > I can't reproduce without a description of the steps to end up in this situation. > > - Phabricator puts the area for new comments at the bottom rather than > the top, forcing you to scroll every time you want to add something to a > card. > > I was about to create a task for this, but actually I think their current approach makes sense in an open development environment. Before posting you have to go through the existing discussion, at least scrolling. Long pages are collapsed automatically (when you visit them twice, or when you comment, I'm not sure), saving you some scrolling. Nothing looks like a showstopper or something difficult to implement by a convinced Phabricator developer. The jump from Bugzilla to Phabricator does imply significant changes in UI and paradigm. The jump from Trello/Mingle sounds more like a matter of some features missing (although I don't think they have been identified yet, or at least we don't have tasks created for them) and getting used to a new environment.
_______________________________________________ teampractices mailing list [email protected] https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/teampractices
