In article <zmihoin2sweuo...@homeworld.netbsd.org>,
nia  <n...@netbsd.org> wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 31, 2023 at 07:18:38PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>> Anyway, like I said, I think the best way forward is to make it
>possible for kq descriptors to be inherited… it’s a little tricky
>because of some of the wacky stuff kqueue can track, but I think NetBSD
>can lead on this and define a set of semantics that makes sense.
>
>Can we agree on renaming the header to sys/epoll_compat.h?

I see that you removed with without further discussion which is not the
way we do things on NetBSD. Do you have an example where the epoll emulation
breaks, because either forking matters or the implementation is
incorrect/different?

I would agree on principle that it is better to use kqueue on BSD systems,
but if it is not broken, why not advertise it?

Best,

christos